lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Markus Mehrwald <mmehrw...@gmx.at>
Subject Stopwords and Wildcards
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 21:17:25 GMT
Hi,

I use an AnalyzingQueryParser with the StandardAnalyzer and german
stopwords in Lucene 3.0.1. If I have a query with a stopword followd by
a wildcard (e. g. das*) I get a ParseException: Cannot build PrefixQuery
with analyzer class org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer
- token consumed.
Without the wildcard it works. I can remove the stopwords before
building the query of course but then I and the analyzer have to search
for the stop words what might be not the best solution in my eyes.
Is there any other way to get a proper result without writing code twice?

Thanks,
Markus