lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Markus Mehrwald <mmehrw...@gmx.at>
Subject Exact match with fuzzy query
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2010 00:53:35 GMT
Hi,

I am using lucene 3.0.1. I use a MultiFieldQueryParser with a
GermanAnalyzer. In my index are some values among others one document
with the title "bauer". I append to every word in my query a ~0.8 (here
I am not sure if this is the way to do it). If I try to search now, I
will not get the document with title "bauer" except I set the fuzzy
value to very low values of about .3.
Do i have to perform two searches with and without the fuzzy parameter
or can I do it somehow in one step like using "bauer~0.8 bauer" as query?
I saw that the parser cuts of the "er" if I am not using the fuzzy
parameter. Can someone please tell my in a few words why? How can I do a
fuzzy search which also finds exact matches?

Thanks,
Markus