lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marcel Bruch <br...@cs.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Using Lucene with a rather simplistic scoring system?
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:12:36 GMT
Hi Ian,

Am 11.06.2010 15:51, schrieb Ian Lea:
> Others can comment on how to customize scoring, but I wonder if
> lucene's default scoring might do the job as is.

I agree. It would probably work out of the box with lucene's default
scoring. Actually, I'm getting my feet wet with lucene using just the
WhitespaceAnalyser and the schema you proposed. However, we want to
experiment with different scoring functions, features and feature
weights - thus, need full control over the scoring...

[...]
> Sounds like an interesting project.

I think it is :-) It's tightly integrated into Eclipse where (i) it
grabs your code of your current editor on demand, (ii) automatically
creates and submits a query from it, and (iii) displays the best code
examples directly aside your editor in a separate view. As soon as
scoring works with Lucene you can test the first version in a week or two.

However, can I implement this scoring function with Lucene:
score(d,q) = \sum_{i \in I} w_i * f_i(d,q)

Thanks,
Marcel