lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Woolf, Ross" <Ross_Wo...@BMC.com>
Subject numDeletedDocs()
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 19:50:21 GMT
There seems to be a mismatch between the IndexWriter().numDeletedDocs() method as stated in
the javadocs supplied in the 2.9.2 download and what is actual.

JavaDocs for 2.9.2 as came with the 2.9.2 download

numDeletedDocs
public int numDeletedDocs()Returns the number of deleted documents.  (No parameter required)

Source code for 2.9.2
  public int numDeletedDocs(SegmentInfo info) throws IOException {  (Parameter required)

Why is there no longer a no parameter numDeleteDocs as stated in the JavaDocs?  I'm not sure
how I use the "experimental" SegmentInfo just to get the delete count in my index?  Any help
appreciated.