lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Exact match with fuzzy query
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:57:46 GMT
> I am using lucene 3.0.1. I use a MultiFieldQueryParser with
> a GermanAnalyzer. In my index are some values among others
> one document with the title "bauer". I append to every word
> in my query a ~0.8 (here I am not sure if this is the way to
> do it). If I try to search now, I will not get the document
> with title "bauer" except I set the fuzzy value to very low
> values of about .3.

> Do i have to perform two searches with and without the
> fuzzy parameter or can I do it somehow in one step like
> using "bauer~0.8 bauer" as query?

Yes bauer~0.8 bauer as query will bring you both exact and fuzzy matches.

> I saw that the parser cuts of the "er" if I am not using
> the fuzzy parameter. Can someone please tell my in a few
> words why?

This is answer of you question. FuzzyQuery is not analyzed. In your index you have bau, in
your query you have bauer. Thats why 0.3 slop is required.

> How can I do a fuzzy search which also finds exact matches?

removing stemming from your analyzer can work.

Or org.apache.lucene.queryParser.analyzing.AnalyzingQueryParser should work in your case.