lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Todd Nine <t...@spidertracks.co.nz>
Subject Help with Numeric Range
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 05:53:23 GMT
Hi all,
  I'm new to Lucene, as well as Cassandra.  I'm working on the Lucandra
project to modify it to add some extra functionality.  It hasn't been
fully testing with range queries, so I've created some tests and
contributed them.  You can view my source here.

http://github.com/tnine/Lucandra/blob/master/test/lucandra/NumericRangeTests.java

First, is this a sensible test?  I'm specifically testing the case of
longs where I need millisecond precision on my searches.

Second, I see that Numeric Fields are built via terms.  I think the
issue lies in the encoding of these terms into bytes for the Cassandra
keys.  Can anyone point me to some documentation on numeric queries and
terms, and how they are encoded at the byte level based on the
precision?

Thanks,
Todd