lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From andynuss <andrew_n...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: search hits not returned until I stop and restart application
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:44:17 GMT

"Maybe you aren't using the IndexReader instance returned by reopen(), but
instead are continuing to use the instance on which you called reopen()?
It's tough to figure this kind of thing out without looking at the code."

That was it, I was not using the newly (re)opened index.  By the way, one
last question.  It doesn't matter for this because I'm indexing one huge
document at a time, and then committing.  But later, I will also be indexing
very small documents frequently.  In that case, it would seem that if I
index a very small document, I don't want to be thrashing with a commit
after each one, and then a reopen of the reader and reconstruction of my
searcher.  Do others manage this type of thing with a thread that fires at
intervals to commit if dirty?