lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From fujian <fujian.z.y...@nokia.com>
Subject Re: is this the right way to go?
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 02:03:17 GMT

Thanks Eric and Ian!

Yes, time stamp is one of our sort fields. By splitting it into
year/month/day/... it'll reduce the memory usage dramatically. But I don't
know if we can specify the significance of the sort fields, like year first,
followed by month, day ... etc.

Another thing is about unique. I thought it was unique "field value". If it
means unique term, for English even loading all around 300,000 terms it
won't take much memory, right? (Suppose the average length of term is 10,
the total memory usage is 10*300,000=3MB)

Thanks again, this helps a lot!
-Fujian