lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yuval Feinstein <yuv...@answers.com>
Subject RE: Overriding Lucene's term weights computation
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 20:00:37 GMT
Naama, Maybe you could use the new flexible indexing mechanism.
Some information is in this lecture:
http://lucene-eurocon.org/slides/Lucene-Forecast-Version-Unicode-Flex-and-Mod_Willnauer&Schindler.pdf
Alternatively, you may use payloads, but they seem like a worse fit.
Good Luck,
Yuval

From: Naama Kraus [naamakraus@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:38 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Overriding Lucene's term weights computation

Hi,

Is there a way for an application to index a document along with its "term
weighted vector" (Lucene's TermFreqVector). I.e., override the term
frequencies computed by Lucene, with an application's computed term weights
(non frequency based) ?
I don't think I want to use Scorer#score() for applying score changes as
this one is activated at search time which won't work for me.

Thanks for any insight,
Naama