lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <>
Subject Re: Indexing only newly created files
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 07:32:56 GMT
Hey there,

you might have to implement a some kind of unique identifier using an
indexed lucene field. When you are indexing you should fire a query with the
uuid of your document (maybe the path to you pdf document) and check if the
document is in the index already. You could also do a boolean query
combining UUID, timestamp and / or a hash value to see if the document has
been changed. if so you can simply update the document by its UUID
(something like indexwriter.updateDocument(new Term("uuid",

Unfortunately you have to implement this yourself but it should not be that
much of a deal.