lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vijay Veeraraghavan <vijay.raghava...@gmail.com>
Subject Using IndexReader in the web environment
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 10:21:12 GMT
Hi all,

In a clustered environment I search the index from the web
application. In the web application I am creating IndexReader on each
request. is it expensive to do like this? I read somewhere in the web
that try using the same reader as much as possible. Can i keep the
initially created IndexReader in the session/application scopes and
use the same for each request? Any other idea?

Viay

--
Thanks & Regards
Vijay Veeraraghavan