lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TermsFilter instead of "should" TermQueries
Date Sat, 08 May 2010 00:30:18 GMT
Well, you construct the filter by enumerating the terms you're
interested in and pass it along to the relevant search.

But it looks like you've figured that part out. If you're asking
how can you use a Filter and still have the terms replaced
by the filter contribute to scoring, you can't. But it's a reasonable
question to ask whether it changes the score enough to
matter given that this is only a problem when there are many
terms.

If this doesn't speak to your question, can you ask for more
detail?

HTH
Erick