lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From manjula wijewickrema <manjul...@gmail.com>
Subject Trace only exactly matching terms!
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 08:52:47 GMT
Hi,

I am using Lucene 2.9.1 . I have downloaded and run the 'HelloLucene.java'
class by modifing the input document and user query in various ways. Once I
put the document sentenses as 'Lucene in actions' insted of 'Lucene in
action', and I gave the query as 'action' and run the programme. But it did
not show me the 'Lucene in action as a hit'! What is the reason for this?
Why it doesn't tackle word 'actions' as a hit? Does Lucene identify only the
exactly matching words?

Thanks
Manjula