lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From 张志田 <zhitian.zh...@dianping.com>
Subject How can I merge .cfx and .cfs into a single cfs file?
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 06:24:09 GMT
Hi all,

I have an index task which will index thousands of records with lucene 3.0.1. My confusion
is lucene will always create a .cfx and a .cfs file in the file system, sometimes more, while
I thought it should create a single .cfs file if I optimize the index data. Is it by design?
If yes, is there any way/configuration I can do to merge all of the index files into a singe
one?

By the way, I have a logic to validate the index data, if the size of .cfs increases dramatically
comparing to the file generated last time, there may be something wrong, a warning message
will be threw. This is the reason that I want to generate a single .cfs file. Any other suggestion
about the index validation?

Any body can give me a hand?

Thanks in advance.

Garry