lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About loading lazily
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 11:06:05 GMT
I'd also add that the Document keeps a pointer to the spot in storage where that value can
be loaded from.  It can result in a performance saving in the typical search use case where
one is displaying just "metadata" fields on a page, but not the full content.  In this case,
the full content page is loaded lazily while the smaller metadata fields are loaded as usual.

-Grant