lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shay Banon <kim...@gmail.com>
Subject NRT and Caching based on IndexReader
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 21:00:36 GMT
Hi,

   I wanted to verify if my understanding is correct. Assuming that I use
NRT, and refresh, say, every 1 second, caching based on IndexReader, such is
what is used in the CachingWrapperFilter is basically useless, since, even
if there is an open sub reader, it gets clones meaning there is a new
instance for it, meaning the cache will explode with readers (it will get
cleaned, but still, not as good as usual open reader, commit writer, reopen
reader).

cheers,
shay.banon