lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bradford Stephens <bradfordsteph...@gmail.com>
Subject Seattle Hadoop/NoSQL: Facebook, more Discussion. Thurs May 27th
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 23:47:03 GMT
We've heard your feedback from the last meetup: we're having less
speakers and more discussion. Yay!
http://www.meetup.com/Seattle-Hadoop-HBase-NoSQL-Meetup/

We're expecting:

1. Facebook will talk about Hive (a SQL-like language for MapReduce)
2. OpsCode will talk about cluster management with Chef
3. Then we'll break up into groups and have casual Hadoop/NoSQL
related discussions and Q&A with several experts, so you can learn
more!

Also, stay tuned for news on a FREE Seattle Hadoop Community &
Training day in late July. We're going to get some fantastic people,
and you'll have hands-on experience with all the Hadoop ecosystem.

When: Thursday, May 27, 2010 6:45 PM

Where:
Amazon SLU, Von Vorst Building
426 Terry Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
9044153009

--
Bradford Stephens,
Founder, Drawn to Scale

http://www.drawntoscalehq.com --  The intuitive, cloud-scale data
solution. Process, store, query, search, and serve all your data.

http://www.roadtofailure.com -- The Fringes of Scalability, Social
Media, and Computer Science