lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: Filter.getDocIdSet() returning null, and what this means for CachingWrapperFilter
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 23:03:16 GMT
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 23:30, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2478 and will fix soon!

It does sound like a good idea to not permit a null doc ID set, since
there is a convenient constant for the empty result anyway. :-)

And actually, it turns out that we were returning null due to a
legitimate problem, which makes it an even better idea to prohibit
returning null.  I already changed all the other places where we were
"conforming to the API" ( ;-) ) to return EMPTY_DOCIDSET anyway.

This leaves me with an even bigger mystery though, which will probably
result in another post sooner or later.

Daniel