lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: How to avoid sharing docStore files?
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 10:15:24 GMT
This isn't something you can disable in Lucene, currently.  In
general, how Lucene represents the index as files is "private" to it
-- it's free to change from release to release.

That said, we are thinking of moving away from doc stores, with
LUCENE-2324.  Now that both stored fields & term vectors can be
bulk-copied during merging, the optimization does not buy us as much
as it did before.

Can you explain in more detail what you are doing w/ Lucene that
requires the doc stores to not be shared?  EG for splitting an index,
there is the multi-pass index splitter (in contrib/misc).

Mike