lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shaun Senecal <ssenecal.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About loading lazily
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 08:52:27 GMT
Haha, sorry, ignore my response completely.  I used the same term for
something completely different, and not related to Lucene at all :)

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 8:06 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> I'd also add that the Document keeps a pointer to the spot in storage where that value
can be loaded from.  It can result in a performance saving in the typical search use case
where one is displaying just "metadata" fields on a page, but not the full content.  In this
case, the full content page is loaded lazily while the smaller metadata fields are loaded
as usual.