lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Li Li <fancye...@gmail.com>
Subject phrase query highlighter spans matching
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 04:58:52 GMT
hi all,
    I read lucene in action 2nd Ed. It says SimpleSpanFragmenter will
"make fragments that always include the spans matching each document".
And also a SpanScorer existed for this use. But I can't find any class
named SpanScorer in lucene 3.0.1. And the result of  HighlighterTest
class in contrib/highlighter's TestCase testQueryScorerHits seems
different

   when we search phrase  "very long" in " text "This piece of text
refers to Kennedy at the beginning then has a longer piece of text
that is very long in the middle and finally ends with another
reference to Kennedy". the result is :
This piece of text refers to Kennedy at the beginning then has a
longer piece of text that is <B>very</B>
long after very is divided into the second fragment because it assume
each fragment's length is 100 character.