lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <>
Subject Re: NRT and Caching based on IndexReader
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 01:04:40 GMT
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Shay Banon <> wrote:
> Great, so I am not imagining things this late into the night ... ;), not so
> great, since using NRT with field cache (like sorting) or caching filters,
> or anything that caches based on IndexReader not really an option. This
> makes NRT very problematic to use in a real application.

NRT is still pretty new :-)  And I do believe this is a bug, so we'll
get it fixed.
It's not actually a problem for FieldCache though - it no longer keys
on the reader directly (if deleted docs are the only things that have
changed, the FieldCache entry can still be shared).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message