lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Frank A <fsa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Newbie Questions
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 23:54:26 GMT
Thanks a bunch.

Since I'm already inside a java based web application it would seem like
both SOLR and Lucene would be plausible.  I'm curious what other factors I
should know about in determing if SOLR or Lucene is right for me.

Can SOLR be used within a web application (as a library) or is it only a
standalone app.

Frank