lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dionisis Koumouras <kum...@gmail.com>
Subject vector model usage
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 10:25:59 GMT
Hi all,
I'm new to lucene but have used it succesfully for a few simple tasks.

I am experimenting with the vector space representation of documents and
have managed to store and retrieve TermFreqVector objects.

The question is whether it is possible to directly add vector space
representations of documents to an index. I can't find any way to create a
document field from a TermFreqVector object.

This is the use case behind the question: retrieve some documents from the
index, cluster them, and store the vector space representations of the
clusters back to the index.

Dionisis