lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shlomy Reinstein <srein...@gmail.com>
Subject Searching for a strict prefix
Date Sun, 23 May 2010 14:03:32 GMT
Hi,

I have a Lucene index that contains source code tags (a tag can be any
named source code element - function, class, variable). Each document
contains a field with the tag name and some additional information.
I'd like to be able to perform strict prefix queries. E.g. if I have a
tag named "updateChildren", I'd like to be able to write a query like
"updateC*" and get the list of tags that have this prefix
(updateChildren being one of them).

Is there a way to do this? Please suggest how I should store the field
for this purpose - which analyzer to use, whether to keep it stored,
etc.

Thanks,
Shlomy