lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: NRT and Caching based on IndexReader
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 01:23:58 GMT
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 9:14 PM, Shay Banon <kimchy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, and one more thing. Deleted docs is a sub case, with NRT, most people
> will almost always add docs as well... . So it is still not really usable
> for field cache, right?

FieldCache should be fine for the general cases - the same entry will
be used if the segment hasn't changed at all, or if the segment has
only changed which documents are deleted.  Adding new documents adds
new segments and does affect (until merge) existing segments, so the
entries will be reused.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com