lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Using synonyms with Lucene without WordPress
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 19:52:59 GMT
Larry, you should look at the SynonymFilter in Lucene Contrib Analysis.

simon

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 9:40 PM, Larry Hendrix <lahendrix@wisc.edu> wrote:
> Does anyone know of any classes available that allow you to define and use your own synonyms
when searching with Lucene? I read some about WordPress but it seems those synonyms are predefined
English words. The application I am working with searches for the names of contacts and companies.
I would like for the user to be able to set "Dan" as a synonym for "Daniel" or "BOA" for "Bank
of America" ...etc