lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to influence the score in lucene 2.9
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 17:21:39 GMT
Why wouldn't simply sorting by date descending work in this case? If
you can detect the situation ahead of time that might be simpler.

Do be aware that sorting by date has its own issues if you've stored
the dates with very fine resolutions (e.g. seconds), but there are
well-understood ways of dealing with this.

Best
Erick