lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: is there some dangerous bug in lucene?
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 15:25:42 GMT
> is there some dangerous bug in lucene?

Highly unlikely.  Much more likely that there is a bug in your code,
perhaps somewhere in the confusing (to me, reading your uncompilable
code snippet) cross linking of values between fields A and B.  Or
you've got duplicate docs in the index.  Or something completely
different.

If you really do think it is a problem in lucene itself, or in your
usage of lucene, I suggest that you break it down to the smallest
possible self-contained test case or program that demonstrates the
problem and post it here.  And tell us what version of lucene you are
using.  Before doing that it would be worth using Luke to examine the
index to double check that it holds what you thing it does.

--
Ian.