lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mindaugas Žakšauskas <min...@gmail.com>
Subject MatchAllDocsQuery and MatchNoDocsQuery
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 13:30:50 GMT
Hi,

Can anybody confirm whether MatchAllDocsQuery can be used as an
immutable singletone? By this I mean creating a single instance and
sharing it whenever I need to either use it on its own or in
cojunction with other queries put into a BooleanQuery; to result all
documents in a search result. Can the same instance even be reused
among different threads?

What would be the best way implementing MatchNoDocsQuery? My initial
tests show that a new BooleanQuery() without any additional clauses
would just do the job, but I just wanted to double check whether this
is be a reliable assumption. Above questions also apply - could this
be reused among different contexts, threads?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mindaugas