lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: best way to interest two queries?
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 09:52:14 GMT
Dear lucene experts,

Let me try to make this precise since there was not answer.

I have a query that's, about,
   a & b & c
and I have a good search result.
Now I want to know:

a) for the first page, which matches are matches for a, b, or c
b) for the remaining results (for the "tail"), are there matches of a,
b, or c

Thus far, I'd only know the usage of the highlighter to go to fields,
it's not exactly the same and it's slow.
I know I could use termDocs or another search-result for a,b, and c,
probably to annotate my initial results list; that could work well for
a).

I still don't know what to do for b).

thanks for hints.

paul