lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gregory Tarr" <Gregory.t...@detica.com>
Subject How to influence the score in lucene 2.9
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 17:04:04 GMT
How easy is it to influence the score of search results in lucene 2.9?

The situation is that we have a large number of dated documents that
match the term "john" but we want to return the latest documents when
"john" is the search term.

My solution to this would be to override the score such that the score
is the number of days since 01/01/1970, the latest documents therefore
scoring the highest.

How is this possible in the lucene API?

Thanks

Greg

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error
please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised
signatory.  The contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies within
the Detica Limited group of companies.

Detica Limited is registered in England under No: 1337451.

Registered offices: Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YP, England.