lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mark harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: best way to interest two queries?
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 10:02:10 GMT
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1999

----- Original Message ----
From: Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Tue, 11 May, 2010 10:52:14
Subject: Re: best way to interest two queries?

Dear lucene experts,

Let me try to make this precise since there was not answer.

I have a query that's, about,
  a & b & c
and I have a good search result.
Now I want to know:

a) for the first page, which matches are matches for a, b, or c
b) for the remaining results (for the "tail"), are there matches of a, b, or c

Thus far, I'd only know the usage of the highlighter to go to fields, it's not exactly the
same and it's slow.
I know I could use termDocs or another search-result for a,b, and c, probably to annotate
my initial results list; that could work well for a).

I still don't know what to do for b).

thanks for hints.

paul

Le 31-mars-10 à 23:00, Paul Libbrecht a écrit :
> I've been wandering around but I see no solution yet: I would like to intersect two query
results: going through the list of one query and indicating which ones actually match the
other query or, even better, indicating that "passed this, nothing matches that query anymore".