lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <k...@r.email.ne.jp>
Subject Re: phrase query highlighter spans matching
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 14:49:49 GMT
(10/05/19 13:58), Li Li wrote:
> hi all,
>      I read lucene in action 2nd Ed. It says SimpleSpanFragmenter will
> "make fragments that always include the spans matching each document".
> And also a SpanScorer existed for this use. But I can't find any class
> named SpanScorer in lucene 3.0.1. And the result of  HighlighterTest
> class in contrib/highlighter's TestCase testQueryScorerHits seems
> different

SpanScorer implementation has replaced QueryScorer at LUCENE-1685.
 From contrib/CHANGES.txt:

  * LUCENE-1685: The position aware SpanScorer has become the default scorer
     for Highlighting. The SpanScorer implementation has replaced
QueryScorer
     and the old term highlighting QueryScorer has been renamed to
     QueryTermScorer.

Koji

--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/