lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lu <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Will doc ids ever change if nothing is deleted?
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 18:04:36 GMT
The doc id will get changed if the segments are merged. The doc id is
more depending on the order of documents being added.

Just think about it. The doc ids are starting from 0 to N. And when some
documents are deleted, they are marked deleted on .del file. So no
change there. When some documents are added, the id is N+1.

Of course, if some documents from other segments are merged. The
documents in one segment will "lose" its doc id.

--
Chris Lu