lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From 张志田 <zhitian.zh...@dianping.com>
Subject Re: How can I merge .cfx and .cfs into a single cfs file?
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 08:18:21 GMT
Uwe, thank you very much.

What is the mechanizm lucene will merge these two kinds of files? Sometimes I found there
was only one .cfs file, but in another time there may be one cfs and cfx. I understand the
.cfx is used to store the term vectors etc, but why does the index result not seem to be consistent?

Thanks,
Garry
----- Original Message -----
From: "Uwe Goetzke" <uwe.goetzke@healy-hudson.com>
To: <java-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 3:57 PM
Subject: AW: How can I merge .cfx and .cfs into a single cfs file?

Index all into a directory and determine the size of all files in it.

From http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_0_1/fileformats.html
Starting with Lucene 2.3, doc store files (stored field values and term vectors) can be shared
in a single set of files for more than one segment. When compound file is enabled, these shared
files will be added into a single compound file (same format as above) but with the extension
.cfx.

In addition to
Compound File  .cfs  An optional "virtual" file consisting of all the other index files for
systems that frequently run out of file handles.

Uwe