lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: Reverse Searching
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 21:59:46 GMT
Hi Siraj,

The usual answer to questions like yours ("Will performance of Lucene component X against
my N records be good enough?") is "It depends": on the nature of the queries, the nature of
the documents, the hardware you run on, etc.  That said, if you construct your query objects
once and reuse them, it'll likely be extremely fast.

Here are some benchmarks (which I found by Googling "Lucene MemoryIndex") using PyLucene:

<http://www.sajalkayan.com/prospective-search-using-python.html>

Give it a try!  Lucene is pretty easy to get started with.  Ask questions if you run into
trouble.

Good luck,
Steve