lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Provalov <iprov...@yahoo.com>
Subject Stemming and Wildcard Queries
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 20:16:44 GMT
Is there a good way to combine the wildcard queries and stemming?

As is, the field which is stemmed at index time, won't work with some wildcard queries.

We were thinking to create two separate index fields - one stemmed, one non-stemmed, but we
are having issues with our SpanNear queries (they require the same field).

We thought to try combining the stemmed and non-stemmed terms in the same field, but we are
concerned about the stats being skewed as a result of this (especially for the TermVector
stats).  Can overloading the non-stemmed field with stemmed terms cause any issues with the
TermVector?

Any suggestions?

Ivan Provalov