lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From roy-lucene-u...@xemaps.com
Subject TermDocs
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 23:42:33 GMT
Hi guys,

I've had this code for some time but am just now questioning if it works.

I have a custom filter that i've been using since Lucene 1.4 to Lucene 2.2.0 and it essentially
builds up a BitSet like so:

for ( int x = 0; x < fields.length; x++ ) {
    for ( int y = 0; y < values.length; y++ ) {
    TermDocs termDocs = reader.termDocs( new Term( fields[x], values[y] ) );
    try {
        while ( termDocs.next() ) {
            int doc = termDocs.doc();
            bits.set( doc );
        }
    }
    finally {
        termDocs.close();
    }
    }
}

I notice that it grabs all the TermDocs for the first field and value but nothing after that.
 But I do know that the other values exist but I don't get any TermDocs afterwards.

Do I need to reopen the IndexReader each time?

Regards,
Roy