lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Xaida <hota.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Applying term frequency thresholds on indexing time
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 11:25:48 GMT

Hi guys!

does there exist a way to define some threshold on the terms I wanna store
in the index(before they are indexed). I need to store the terms  with
higheest frequencies. I done it with term vectors and some cutoff ratio that
cuts off the least occuring terms, but all this is, ofcourse works during
retrieval time, reading from index.

I know it make no sense to be able to calculate frequencies of the terms
before they are stored, but i guess there could be some way to work it
around???

All hellp appreciated!

Thank you!