lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Customer TokenFilter
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 20:47:44 GMT
Looks correct! Wrapping by CharBuffer is very intelligent! In Lucene 3.1 the
new Term Attribute will implement CharSequence, then its even simplier. You
may also look at 3.1's ICU contrib that has support even for Normalizer2.

Overriding StandardAnalyzer is the wrong way, as in 3.1 its final (its only
accidentially non-final)! You should always extend Analyzer and build the
chain yourself. Or wrap another analyzer like in PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper.
The whole Tokenization API in Lucene is based on the delegator pattern, so
never extend any class not made for it!

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler