lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "luocanrao" <luocan19826...@sohu.com>
Subject is there some dangerous bug in lucene?
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 14:20:46 GMT
I have a problem. I found the store field in a document is not consistent.

Here are some small case about my program.

Field A = new Filed(Store.Yes,FieldAValue);

FieldBValue.add(FieldAValue);            // FiledBValue is a container that
contains other store field value, FiledBValue is like a complete document
record

Field B = new Filed(Store.Yes,FieldBValue);

Document doc = new Document;

doc.add(A); doc.add(B);

indexWriter.updateDocument(new Term(..),doc);

after a long time , today some body found some bug.

I observe that value of filed A is the old value, but the value of field B
is the new and right value.

At first I thought maybe it was the bug of indexwriter.getReader(),

but after I restart the program, the bug is still existing.

Finally I have to reconstruct all the data to fix it.

Ps : I use FieldCache to store the value of field A, not field B

I use indexwriter.getReader() to get realtime search

I hope somebody to help me explain it.