lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vijay Veeraraghavan <vijay.raghava...@gmail.com>
Subject Using lucene in NFS
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 04:48:47 GMT
dear all,

I have a problem using lucene in NFS. A scheduler runs periodically
generating reports in pdf format and saves it to a file server. The
drive of the file server is mounted  to the scheduler server (NFS).
After generating reports finally the scheduler indexes the names of
the report and its path. This index is also stored to the same context
folder the reports are created, ie., mounted NFS folder. When i create
index in the local system (JFS2) its as fast as possible. (the local
system is AIX uses jfs2.) But in the NFS folder it keep doing and
doing... i didnt exactly know what happened inside. little later the
application freezed.I saw some lock files created inside the folder
but nothing like index files that usually created by the lucene. from
the web page i search this index in nfs for the report and read it. My
question is how to use lucene in NFS. anything special we need to do?
any reference codes? docs? How do i lock the index when my scheduler
is updating the index?

P.S: Please add CC to vijayv@kggroup.com

Thanks
Vijay Veeraraghavan