lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Similarity based on regexp
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 16:08:31 GMT
You can use RegexQuery (from contrib/regex) for this?

(In 3.1 there's a higher performance, very similar, RegexpQuery, too).

Mike

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Hans-Henning Gabriel
<hanshenning.gabriel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> this is what I would like to do:
> I have an index with documents containing a field 'authors'. I would like to find all
documents that have authors similar to a given author-string. One could do this by a special
query, relying on lucenes scoring/ranking mechanism.
> But I would like to do it different: I want to use my own similarity implementation,
one that is based on regular expressions for example. An example is that this author string
"Arthur Gabriel, Peter Davis and Kate Janeway " is equal (highest possible similarity) to
this one "A. Gabriel & P. Davis & K. Janeway".

> Is there a way doing things like this in lucene? To give a similarity implementation
completely different (e.g. based on regular expressions) than lucenes scoring function?