lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Reaching the posting lists
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:36:29 GMT
You have to open an IndexReader in order to walk the postings of newly
indexed docs.

EG after indexing the doc, ask for a new near-real-time reader
(IndexWriter.getReader()), then use the postings API
(TermDocs/TermPositions in 3.0.x, but in trunk, with the flex API,
DocsEnum/DocsAndPositionsEnum) via IndexReader.

Mike