lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Different index per user
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 00:22:06 GMT
No really better ways that spring to mind. At root you have to somehow
know what document is added by each user, and adding a field to
the document with this info is quite reasonable, then just tack
on an +user:<current user> to each query.

You can get creative with Lucene Filters. That is, create a Filter for
a user when s/he logs on pass that to queries, see some of the
Searcher.search methods that take a Filter. But there's no
real reason to go there unless you have performance problems.

This is the fairly simple case, you're not indicating that you're after
some generic Access Control List functionality so I'd stick with
the simple approach until proven inadequate...

HTH
Erick