lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yağız Kargın <xerxes...@gmail.com>
Subject Reaching the posting lists
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 07:39:24 GMT
Hi all,

I have a question about usage of lucene, I want to figure out how I
can get one or all posting lists, after adding a document to the
index, but without materializing it in files. So after I add a
document (let's say "to be or not to be"), I am asking if I can get
something like this:

to -> (docID, tf(to));
be -> (docID, tf(be));

Or this code can help better understanding:

indexWriter.addDocument(doc);
someObject.someMethod(); -> and this will return all posting lists
created for "doc" in some data structure that i can use.

As far as I know "addDocument(doc)" writes the results gotten from the
"doc" in files, but it will be better if I can get the posting lists
before they are wrote in files. Maybe something like this:

someObject.giveMeAllPostingListsOfThisDocument(doc); -> and this will
return all posting lists created for "doc" in some data structure that
i can use.

how can I write methods like those above (if we don't have same kind
of things), or where can I get the desired data from?

I will be glad if you can help me.

Best,
Yagiz Kargin