lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Doc Caching
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:22:36 GMT
<<<Is it worth setting up your own caching...>>>

You've hit one of my personal hot buttons <G>.  Never, never, never
until
1> you're reasonably sure you actually *have* a performance issue.
2> your performance issues can't be fixed more cheaply. Memory is
  waaaaaaaay cheap compared to all the time you'll spend programming
  your caching solution then fixing the bugs in it.

Best
Erick