lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erdinc Yilmazel <erd...@yilmazel.com>
Subject Different index per user
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2010 21:37:18 GMT
I am building an online application where I want to provide search
functionality to users and each user is to search only within his own data.
Can you give me some ideas about the structure of the index that I should
have in this scenario? I know I could use a different index per user account
but that is simply not practical. I could also create a single index and use
a separate field to identify the documents that are related to a user
account and create my queries accordingly. However I am guessing that there
might be better ways to partition my index based on the user identifiers.

Thanks,

Erdinc