lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yağız Kargın <xerxes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reaching the posting lists
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:46:31 GMT
Thanks for the answer. However those classes and methods are abstract.
Should I write my own implementation? Since Lucene is able to do
indexing and searching, I think there should be already implementation
of these things.

Sorry, if Mike's answer also includes this obviously. But I couldn't
get it, I need some further explanation.

Thanks,
Yagiz

2010/4/20 Michael McCandless <lucene@mikemccandless.com>:
> You have to open an IndexReader in order to walk the postings of newly
> indexed docs.
>
> EG after indexing the doc, ask for a new near-real-time reader
> (IndexWriter.getReader()), then use the postings API
> (TermDocs/TermPositions in 3.0.x, but in trunk, with the flex API,
> DocsEnum/DocsAndPositionsEnum) via IndexReader.
>
> Mike
>
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 3:39 AM, Yağız Kargın <xerxes862@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a question about usage of lucene, I want to figure out how I
>> can get one or all posting lists, after adding a document to the
>> index, but without materializing it in files. So after I add a
>> document (let's say "to be or not to be"), I am asking if I can get
>> something like this:
>>
>> to -> (docID, tf(to));
>> be -> (docID, tf(be));
>>
>> Or this code can help better understanding:
>>
>> indexWriter.addDocument(doc);
>> someObject.someMethod(); -> and this will return all posting lists
>> created for "doc" in some data structure that i can use.
>>
>> As far as I know "addDocument(doc)" writes the results gotten from the
>> "doc" in files, but it will be better if I can get the posting lists
>> before they are wrote in files. Maybe something like this:
>>
>> someObject.giveMeAllPostingListsOfThisDocument(doc); -> and this will
>> return all posting lists created for "doc" in some data structure that
>> i can use.
>>
>> how can I write methods like those above (if we don't have same kind
>> of things), or where can I get the desired data from?
>>
>> I will be glad if you can help me.
>>
>> Best,
>> Yagiz Kargin

Yağız Kargın (Yagiz Kargin)